Frequently Asked Questions About Posting Your Press Release through mononews
A. With mononews' Premium Package, you have the ability to easily publish your own "Press Release". This Premium Package helps you build a comprehensive news release with integrated multi-media tools. People can access your news through the mononews website, and will be able, in one click, to share its content with their contacts via e-mail, Facebook, Twitter, Digg and Technorati. In this way, news is shared widely, reaching key influencers instantly and adding another component to a successful communications strategy.
A. mononews is a single, integrated source for the wide distribution of Lifestyle, Arts and Entertainment news across a community. mononews distributes press releases to reporters covering these topics. This type of service is traditionally known as a "newswire" service because press releases were originally transmitted electronically over the "wire".
A. mononews is used by individuals and companies to distribute lifestyle news in the form of news releases and multimedia content to key media people (reporters, journalists, editors, bloggers and micro-bloggers).
mononews improves on the traditional newswire service in 3 ways:
- mononews targets specific news categories, focusing exclusively on the delivery of cultural and lifestyle news;
- mononews press releases are delivered by e-mail, direct from source, to the journalists, editors, bloggers and micro-bloggers most likely to be interested in its subject. Instead of having to search for the news through press release and newswire websites, it comes to them;
- mononews' services are free.
A. Count on mononews whenever you have important lifestyle news to share with your public/users/consumers; the launch of a new product or campaign, a promotion, a philanthropic initiative, a new sponsorship, a community event - mononews is the right choice.
A. You must register and set up an account to be able to post your news releases on mononews. In order to register (http://www.mononews.ca/my-account/register.aspx) complete the 7 required fields. Subscription is free.
A. Our Premium Package gives you the ability to post your news release and supporting documents to the mononews website. mononews then e-mails your news directly to every journalist covering your chosen news categories. mononews is also submitted to more than 20 major and independent search engines including Google, Yahoo and Bing.
As a mononews client there are no monthly fees, no cost to sign up.
A. mononews is easy to use; it was designed so you could post your news release quickly. To post a release on mononews, simply go to the "Home" page of our website (http://www.mononews.ca/) and click on "Post a Press Release".
Enter your mononews account username and password (to learn how to set up an account, please refer to the previous question). Here's how to upload your press release and supporting documents onto our website:
- First, choose the language (English, French or both).
- Then, select the relevant category or categories for your news item: Arts & Entertainment; Beauty & Fashion; Food; Games; Green; Health & Fitness; Lifestyle; Sports; Tech; Transportation; Travel; Philanthropy. Once your categories are selected, click "Continue";
- The next window will provide you with the field where you can insert your headline and release. Fill out the "Title", "Content" and "Contacts" boxes (you can use copy/paste);
- Insert up to 3 images and 1 logo (using any of these formats: .jpg, .jpeg .gif, .png);
- Enter the URL to a YouTube video and up to 3 web links;
- Add up to 2 supporting documents – background information; boilerplate; recipes; (using any of these formats: .pdf, .doc, .docx);
- To see a preview of your press release, click "Preview". To publish, click on "Post";
- On the next page, enter your credit card information. You will receive an e-mail confirmation of your transaction;
- Done! Your press release is online and will soon be delivered to a targeted list of reporters.
Remember, if you wish to modify your release, simply sign back in to your account and click on « Manage Press Releases » to make changes. If you experience any difficulties, call us at 1.888.997.1801 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and we will gladly assist you.
A. mononews' expertise is the targeted distribution of lifestyle and cultural news. Unlike other newswire services, we focus exclusively on accessing reporters in the lifestyle, arts and entertainment fields so you can choose the category or categories most appropriate to your news.
mononews is easy to use; you can post your news and get it online within minutes. You can even edit or correct your press release at any time, in real time.
mononews is better value: our rates are much lower than those of alternative distribution services.
mononews has excellent reach in French Canada.
Ensure your lifestyle, arts and entertainment news reaches all the reporters covering Lifestyle, Arts and Entertainment news in Canada. Choose mononews.
A. Our list of reporters is crucial to the operation of mononews. As a result, it is reviewed, refreshed, and updated on a daily basis. In addition, we carry out regular maintenance every quarter. mononews is in direct contact with lifestyle and entertainment reporters, so we know almost immediately if their status has changed.
A. You will see your press release on the mononews website almost immediately after you submit payment and you will be notified of receipt of payment by e-mail.
mononews has contact with more than 10,000 key journalists in the lifestyle, arts and entertainment communities.
Each post of a press release on mononews is custom targeted to the category or categories you choose for your news item: Arts & Entertainment; Beauty & Fashion, Food, Games, and so on. Based on its subject matter and its geographical/regional association, the news release is delivered by e-mail directly to a specific subset of specialized reporters. In order to respect the interests and privacy of the more than 10,000 journalists who cover lifestyle, arts and entertainment, the list is proprietary.
A. The lifestyle, arts and entertainment environment is highly dynamic and extremely demanding; reporters are constantly seeking content. mononews delivers it to them directly, thereby saving them the time they would need to spend searching for your news.
Journalists can opt out of our mailing service at any time. They can also choose to read the news directly on our website or to follow us on Twitter.