By accessing and browsing though this site, the user agrees to abide by the following terms and conditions:
- The user of the site accepts full responsibility of all risks related to the use of the site. Although the site is equipped with security measures intended to protect the user’s private life and prevent the transmission of viruses, mononews shall not be held responsible with regard to the interception of data exchanged or the transmission of viruses or other damaging elements.
mononews declines all responsibility nor can it be held responsible for any damage or virus that might infect the user’s hardware or any other property as a result of using this site or downloading texts, images, or any other element of content from the site.
- mononews places its site at the user’s disposal at all times. The user acknowledges and agrees that the Internet entails limits and risks and that response time to access or consult the site is subject to the nature and congestion of the network, as well as to the user’s hardware.
mononews may, at all times, modify or interrupt, temporarily or permanently, access to its site, in whole or in part, in order to carry out maintenance operations, and/or improvements and/or changes to the site. Under no circumstance can mononews be held responsible for the suspension or for the interruption of access to the site.
- This agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Québec, without regard to any conflict of laws provisions. User agrees that any dispute will be venued solely in the Superior Court situated in Montréal, Québec and hereby irrevocably submits to the personal jurisdiction of such court for that purpose.
Terms and Conditions of Use
All services and information made available to users via this Website (the “Site”) and on the extranet (the “Service”) are subject, without limitation, to the terms and conditions described below. By subscribing to this site and using it, the service user (the “User”) agrees to abide by the following terms and conditions.
mononews expressly reserves the right to change the terms and conditions at any time without advance notice. In such case, mononews may post change notices directly on this site.
1. Description of Service
mononews service currently provides subscribers with on-line newswire services including, but not limited to, on-lining press releases, on-lining audiovisual materials, as well as hosting such documents on the site and distributing information to reporters and editors.
The user alone is responsible for paying the costs associated with the use of the service, such as Internet connection charges or fees for connecting to networks that provide access to Internet content. As well, the user is responsible for acquiring any equipment needed for such connections and its protection.
2. User Identification
It is understood that the user has an obligation to identify him/herself when using the service.
3. Protection of Personal Information
4. User Code, Password and Security
When subscribing to the service, the user will need to choose a user code and a password which will give him/her access to the service.
The user alone is responsible for protecting the confidentiality of his/her password as well as any actions undertaken under the user’s password. Moreover, the user is responsible for immediately notifying mononews about any unauthorized use of his/her user code and/or password and/or any other security breach, as well as for taking every possible precaution to ensure that he/she uses the service under optimum security conditions. To become acquainted with the security measures concerning the use of the service, the user must consult the heading “Security of Data” on this site.
Under no circumstances will mononews be held liable for any loss or damage arising from a failure to comply with the requirements described in this subsection.
5. Restrictions on Use of Content
Unless otherwise stated, all the text, images, and other materials of the content appearing on this site (collectively, “Content”) are protected by copyright including the links–the necessary permissions having been obtained for all documents found on this site.
It is therefore prohibited to:
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate content transmitted through this site;
- upload, post, e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available any content that contains software viruses or other harmful computer codes, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any software, computer, application or telecommunications equipment (this list may include other elements without limitation);
- interfere with, disrupt, or make abusive use of the site, or servers or networks connected to the site, or refuse to comply with any requirements, procedures, general regulations or any other rules or regulations with force of law which apply to the networks connected to the site;
- infringe, whether intentionally or not, any existing national or international laws or regulations or any other rules or regulations with force of law.
6. Links to outside Websites
The site contains no autolinks. The site or third parties may, however, include links to other Websites or other Internet sources. mononews commits to removing any link leading to a site containing works which are reproduced without permission as soon as it has been notified of this. Since it has no control over these outside sites and sources, mononews is not responsible for their availability, nor can it assume any responsibility for the content, links, advertising, products, services or other materials made available by or through such external sites or sources. Furthermore, mononews is not liable for any loss or damage, caused or alleged to be caused by, or arising in connection with, the use of reliance on content, products and services made available on these outside sites or sources.
Consequently, it is up to the user to exercise discretion in his/her use of such content. Likewise, the user is responsible for assuming all inherent risks, particularly when the user relies on the timeliness, usefulness or completeness of the content made available on or through the sites or sources referred to by the site.
7. Use and Conservation
mononews may lay down general provisions and limits with regard to the use of the site, including, but not limited to, limits to the size of files to be uploaded. mononews cannot be held responsible for the personal installations of the user and makes no warranties as to the deletion or default of conservation of this data.
8. Changes made to the Service
mononews reserves the right, at all times, to change, temporarily suspend, or terminate the service in whole or in part without informing the user in advance. In no event will mononews be liable to the user or to any third party for a modification, suspension, or termination of the service.
mononews reserves the right to terminate in whole or in part the right of access corresponding to the user’s user code and password, and even to delete his/her user code and password.
In no event will mononews be liable to the user or to any third party for the termination of the user’s access to the service.
10. mononews and Intellectual Property
The service and any software or applications used in connection with the service may contain confidential information and are protected by existing intellectual property laws or other legislation.
The content is protected by the laws applicable to copyright, trademarks and by any other rights set forth in existing legislation.
Unless expressly authorized by mononews, it is therefore prohibited to:
- copy, alter, rent, borrow, sell, distribute or create derivative works based in whole or in part on the service or related software and applications and their content;
- reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise attempt to locate the source code (except as provided for by law) or to sell, assign, sub-license or transfer in any way the rights attached to the software and applications and their content;
- modify the software and applications in any way or to use modified versions of the software and applications in order to gain unauthorized access to the service or for other purposes not limited to this;
- access the service by any means other than the interface provided to the user by mononews for this purpose.
mononews does not warrant that:
- the service will operate without interruption or error or in a secure and timely manner;
- results obtained by using the service will be accurate and reliable;
- the quality of any product, service, information or other materials purchased or obtained by the user in connection with the service will meet user’s expectations;
- defects in the software and applications, if any, will be rectified.
The user alone will be responsible for any damage sustained by his/her computer or any loss of data that may result when downloading material from the site.
12. Limitation of Liability
To the fullest extent possible pursuant to applicable laws and regulations, mononews will in no way be liable for any direct or indirect damage, including without limitation the loss of data or other loss of intangible assets, even if mononews has been advised of the possibility of such damage, that may arise:
- from the use or inability to use the service;
- following unauthorized access to the service by a user or following a change in a user’s transmissions or his/her database;
- from the actions or conduct of a third party in the course of using the service.
13. Registered Trademarks
mononews and the mononews’ logo is a trademark of mononews. It is prohibited to use or distribute it in any way whatsoever without the express authorization of mononews.
14. General Provisions
15. Security of Data
mononews subscribes to very strict and rigorous standards as regards security. It has therefore taken the necessary precautions to protect from any error, loss or unauthorized access, the user’s (the “User”) personal information which he/she transmits to mononews when using its secured zones, including, but not limited to, its various online forms.
Despite all these precautions, the user alone is responsible for taking every possible personal security measure recommended herein when browsing mononews’ Website (the “Site”) and all other Internet sites to ensure optimal security conditions.
16. Modifications to the Service and Prices
- mononews reserves the right to modify the service with or without notice.
- mononews reserves the right to temporarily suspend or interrupt service for periodic maintenance with or without notice.
- mononews reserves the right to permanently discontinue service with 15 days notice for any reason or for no reason.
- Prices of all services are subject to change upon 15 days notice.
- Notices may be provided by email or by posting the changes to the mononews site (www.mononews.com).
- mononews shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
17. Copyright and Content Ownership
- mononews claims no copyright or other ownership rights in the content you upload to the service.
- By uploading or otherwise providing content to mononews.com, you grant to mononews a non-exclusive, royalty-free, paid-up right and license to use, reproduce, display and distribute such content on mononews.com in connection mononews's provision of the Services to such persons as you may authorize.
- You hereby represent and warrant that you have all intellectual property and other rights necessary concerning any content posted by you on mononews.com.
- mononews does not pre-screen content, but mononews has the right (but not the obligation) to remove any content or accounts containing content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or content that violates the intellectual property of any third party or these terms of service.
- You understand and agree that mononews cannot be responsible for the content posted on the service and you may be exposed to objectionable materials. You agree to use the service at your own risk.
- The user interface of the service, and all rights therein, are owned exclusively by mononews and mononews retains all copyright and other rights therein. All rights to the services and intellectual property embodied by the services are hereby expressly reserved. You may not duplicate, copy, or reuse any portion of the visual design or other elements of the service without express written permission from mononews.
- By submitting comments, feedback, bug reports, product suggestions to mononews you acknowledge and agree that mononews is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques that you provide for any purpose without any compensation to you.
NOTICE AND TAKE-DOWN PROCEDURES ( FOR THIRD PARTIES)
If you believe any content accessible on or from this web site infringe your copyright, you may request removal of those materials (or access thereto) from this web site by contacting mononews's and providing the following information:
- Identification of the copyrighted work that you believe to be infringed. Please describe the work, and where possible include a copy or the location (e.g., URL) of an authorized version of the work.
- Identification of the material that you believe to be infringing and its location. Please describe the material, and provide us with its URL or any other pertinent information that will allow us to locate the material.
- Your name, address, telephone number and (if available) e-mail address.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the complained of use of the materials is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information that you have supplied is accurate, and indicating that "under penalty of perjury," you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
- A signature or the electronic equivalent from the copyright holder or authorized representative.
In an effort to protect the rights of copyright owners, mononews maintains a policy for the termination, in appropriate circumstances, of subscribers and account holders of this web site who are infringers.
mononews’ online services are subject to rules compliant with those stipulated in Québec’s private sector privacy law (Loi sur la protection des renseignements personnels dans le secteur privé).
Data related to operations carried out in the course of a session in a secured zone through mononews’ online services are encrypted in order to ensure data confidentiality while circulating between mononews’ secured site and the user’s Web browser. For this reason, the user of mononews’ extranet can only access these services with the most recent versions of the Firefox (minimum required 2.0) and Microsoft Explorer (minimum required 7.0) browsers, which accept the SSL 2.0 security protocol.
Conversely, operations which are not carried out within a secured zone are not encrypted.
Access to mononews’ extranet is protected by a firewall. A firewall is a security device designed to prevent unauthorized electronic access to an Internet site.
Personal Security Measures
I – General Measures
User should ensure that he/she is always browsing in a secured environment when transmitting his/her personal information. If the user does not see the security seal on the screen (closed padlock), or if he/she sees a broken seal (open padlock), the security of transmission of the user’s transaction through the Internet is not guaranteed and a third party could intercept it. Furthermore, for accrued security, mononews recommends that the user checks the validity of the certificate of Authenticity.
Emails sent by the user in the section “Contact Us” or elsewhere on an Internet site are not secured in the course of their transmission. It is therefore important not to include any personal and/or confidential information in such transmissions.
II – Specific Measures with regard to the Use of mononews’ Online Services
- When using mononews’ extranet for the first time, the user chooses a password. He/She must be the only person to know it.
- The user must choose a password which he/she will remember easily. For the extranet, this password must comprise between 6 and 12 characters; the first 3 characters must be numbers and the rest of the sequence must contain at least one letter. The user must not choose a password based on personal information; this would make it more prone to discovery by fraudors.
- The user must not disclose his/her password to anyone.
- The user must not save his/her password in his/her computer.
- The user must not write his/her password anywhere.
- For maximum security, the user must modify his/her password on a regular basis.
It is important for the user to log out as soon as he/she has finished using mononews’ extranet or if, in the course of a session, he/she must temporarily leave his/her workstation unattended. There are three secure ways to log out: 1. clear computer’s cache memory; 2. exit; 3. close the browser.
- Clear cache memory: Cache memory is a temporary memory where copies of the pages consulted are stored locally. When the user recalls these pages, the computer extracts them from this cache rather than from the original site, thus reducing average time to display the pages consulted by the user in the course of his/her browsing session.
- Exit: mononews recommends that the user end his/her session by clicking the exit button at the top of the screen, to ensure complete disconnection from the extranet.
- Close browser: The simplest and most secure way to end the user session is to close his/her browser. This method will ensure complete logout, including cookie identification.
No refund will be granted to a subscribed user. However, should mononews be unable to offer prepaid services to the user, the latter will have to contact mononews so that the best refund method can be decided upon based on the situation. The refund method is generally the same as the original payment method.